Thursday, July 8, 2010

Allegory of the Cave

Marlina Castaneda
English 20
Cerritos College
Post #1

The Allegory of the Cave

The story Allegory of the Cave was quite confusing when I first read it but, after all I had understood what it was about. I would say that a way I relate to the story is that at a young age I did not know what it was like to have a boyfriend because my mom did not allow it; until I finally had one. Having a boyfriend was exciting and a new experience for me; i did not think negative at all. One day at the mall I had caught my boyfriend holding hands with a young girl. At the moment I was painfully hurt and angry inside. Really, I mean I have never experienced something like that before; he cheated on me! So, what I am saying is that growing up and not having knowledge about different things such as, being in a young relationship with someone can affect you. Quote, "And have their legs and necks chained so that they cannot move, and can only see before them, being prevented by the chains from turning round their heads". Therefore, I did not know the truth about how having a boyfriend could be like . I honestly cried and my tears felt trapped inside; I was just holding it in and not wanting to reveal the pain. Well, I guess when your young reality is just so far from you.

3 comments:

  1. Good job, i see youve grown and are getting somewhere in life. been a long time marlina, this is johnathon that used to live in the house across from you. if you ever read this comment then youll know i found your blogger. just had to say hi somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. email jay0756@gmail.com use to live on Lemon Ave but everyone moved around 2008 :(

      Delete
  2. email jay0756@gmail.com use to live on Lemon Ave but everyone moved around 2008 :(

    ReplyDelete